(Fri 6th – Sun 8th April)
In the upcoming Easter school holidays there’ll be a 3 day (2 nights) camping trip from Friday 6th to Sunday 8th April to the Sunshine Coast hinterland and beaches. We’ll be camping in Maleny Showgrounds which has showers and toilets.
The basic plan is as follows:
Friday 6th April
We’ll leave Aldridge at 10:00am. Please make sure you have been to Sunday Mass beforehand. We’ll drive up to Coolum, have lunch, climb up Mt Coolum and go for a swim afterwards. In the late afternoon we’ll then head off to our campsite in Maleny and then setup tents before dinner.
Saturday 7th April
After Mass and breakfast we’ll do a morning bushwalk at Kondalilla Falls National Park and swim in an amazing waterhole there too.
Later we’ll have lunch and then visit Maleny Dairies for a fun educational tour on milking cows.
We’ll also check out MacCarthy’s lookout with spectacular views of the Glasshouse Mountains.
Sunday 8th April
After Mass and breakfast, we’ll spend a fair bit of time at Gardners Falls waterfall near Maleny, where there’s plenty of jumps and rope swings you can use at the amazing waterhole there. We’ll have lunch at KFC or Hungry Jacks. On the way back to Brisbane we’ll see if we have time to come back via Golden Beach, Caloundra.
Friday 6th April. Please meet us at Aldridge Study Centre (101 Eagle Terrace, Auchenflower) at 9:30am. We’ll aim to head off by 10am.
We’ll travel around in an 8-seater minivan plus one or two extra cars if needed.
We aim to return back by 5:00pm on Sunday 8th April.
Who is the camp for?
The camp is aimed at boys in Years 7-9 but boys in Year 10 or 11 are also welcome to come and help out. Dad’s are welcome to come along too!
Cost and what to bring?
The cost of the camp is $70 per person.
- A tent (if you have one).
- Sleeping bag. Sleeping matt (optional).
- Torch as no fires are permitted at camp site.
- Bring food for 1 lunch for Sunday only & 1 breakfast for Monday only. Monday lunch & dinner plus Tuesday breakfast will be provided.
- Bring $10 for lunch on Tuesday (KFC or Hungry Jacks)
- Water bottle. Sun screen.
- Hat. Swimmers. 2 Towels (1 for swimming & 1 for shower).
- Toiletries – toothbrush, toothpaste, soap/shampoo.
- Good clothes for Mass.
- A jumper just in case it gets cold
- A spirit of service – willingness to help out
Please confirm attendance by sending an email to Edwin (email@example.com). It would be helpful to know sooner rather than later so we can plan the transport arrangements.